Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter


Then one night he found that Daisy had pierced holes in little Portia's ears for earrings. And another time a kewpie doll with feather skirts was on the mantlepiece when he came home, and Daisy was gentle and hard and and would not put it away. He knew, too, that Daisy was teaching the children the cult of meekness. She told them all about hell and heaven. Also she convinced them of ghosts and of haunted places. Daisy went to church every Sunday and she talked sorrowfully to the preacher of her own husband. And with her stubbornness she always took the children to the church, too, and they listened.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Daisy sounds nice :)

skinned sheep said...

i like that short random story.

its very obscure and i like it.

Jason Laucht said...

nice photography
xoxo

jasonitos.com

Erika said...

Random. I like it lol

Saucy Siciliana said...

So sweet and what a lovely picture!

Poetry of the Day said...

that it is.

Irredento Urbanita said...

I like the story, a common and great chronicle. The photo has great light and true colours.

Regards

Valery

[Barcelona Daily Photo]

Lindsay said...

Daisy stole a necklace I had BORROWED once and I haven't seen hide nor hair of it. Now I've got the pigs all over my ass!

ed said...

great shot, i could use a pepsi right now

T. Roger Thomas said...

I love the photo.

Tyrone said...

Very nice writing style!

Give Everything said...

i found trouble trying to understand some words but i think i did it ok, nice article!! and great pic

Julien Hakym said...

I love ur story...

Copyboy said...

Daisy does indeed have a heart of gold.

AdPlusCommunications said...

Love that picture, any chance I could get that in High Res widescreen?

Just Waiting... said...

I'm The follower #100 =)
Thanks for your comment in my blog

I Follow you!!!

Luis Circa Melgarejo said...

Impecable esta fotografia y sus colores!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful text! ;)

Ankyls said...

Thanks! :)

 
Pinecone Stew